0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Role: Marketing and Communications
- Marketing Communications
- Public Relations
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design
- Website Development and Maintenance
- Promotions and Demonstrations
- Development of key messages for all audiences to communicate our core brand identity.
- Developed an Integrative Marketing Communications plan.
- Assisting with visual presentation of marketing and sales power-point presentations to key retail industry leaders.
- Creating e-mail marketing and blogging plans.
- Compiling e-mail lists through social media and in-person contests and e-mailing entrants post contest.
- Researching editorial opportunities and compiling a list of local media contacts.
- Coordinating local print and radio interviews.
- Distributing company to the public through our website an social media pages.
- Oversee the writing of press releases, copy for marketing materials, Facebook advertisements, and other related material.
- Working in conjunction with Vancouver based PR firm Yulu Public Relations to help facilitate PR needs and strategies including having a presence at PR meetings.
Pre & Post CBC Dragons’ Den promotion management.
- Managing social media pages the night of the premiere, Dec. 4, 2013 – responding to and engaging with customers.
- Running Twitter contest to build social media buzz about debut and to continue the social interaction post debut.
- Corresponding with all email, Facebook, and Twitter customer inquiries.
- Trending on Twitter the night of Dragons’ Den debut; ranked 2nd in Canada.
Social Media Management
- Running social media contests and campaigns to build social media following.
- Ran contest with Thrifty Foods, a major Rumble retailer, to increase Facebook following by 25%
- Developing social media reports during social media promotions.
- Implementing Facebook tabs including, Facebook retailer store.
- Creating original company graphics and infographics for social media pages using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Creating company promotional material.
- Designed company promotion cards, brochures, and contest signs for distribution to the public.
- Updating retailer web map.
- Responding to customer inquiries delivered to company email.
- Coordinating French translation of company website.
- Planning and facilitating website updates and improvements, including blog, media page, and e-mail sign up.
Promotions and Demonstrations.
- Acted as Rumble spokesperson, promoting Rumble directly to members of the public with the goal of building strong brand relationships and increasing product awareness around Vancouver Island.
- Planned, organized and hosted in-store and on-site demonstrations at grocery stores and events; Thrifty Foods, LifeStyles Markets, Cyclocross, Times Colonist 10 k, CanFitPro 2013 Vancouver, and more.
- Develop and keep track of a unified storage of presentations, materials on marketing and communications so that internal functional groups can easily access.
- Conduct on-site contests to build Rumble and customer relationships and connection.
- Event photography to promote and engage on social media accounts.